Thundercats Hooo!!!

Random Thoughts...Mainly about bowling.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Quote of the Week

Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity.

- Author Unknown

My cousin is getting married in 11 days. Not sure how I feel about that. I have been asking all the classic questions, some to him and many to myself. Do you still love her? (they have been together for 9 years). Are men and woman supposed to be with one person for their entire lives, or is that a silly social construction (most animals do not)? Are there such things as soul mates? If so, what are the chances they live in the same town you grew up in? What if my soul mate is in Gruzuf, Ukraine? Just some random thoughts I need to sort out between now and 2012, (the date I told my girlfriend I would concider marriage).

1 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Marriage is an institution to some, to others a club; Groucho Marx once said, "I'd never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member".

Seriously, while society forbades me and mine marriage in a conventional manner, I have been with Whatshisname for almost ten years.

Has it been easy?

Hardly.

I've always said, Long Term Relationships are a job, and they require a lot of sweat to make them function.

In the end, you and your partner must decide … yes, eventually the sparkle wears off, but that’s when you find the true substance of a person…at least that’s what I think.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home