Thundercats Hooo!!!

Random Thoughts...Mainly about bowling.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

DVD MOVIE REVIEW


Just finished watching Batman Begins, and the new Willy Wonka movie. My thoughts...

Best Batman movie ever. Not that that says much as we have had a string of formulaic Batman's with litte redeeming value, however I thought this one was well done. It shows why Batman was afraid of Bats, what happened to his parents, how he trained and a glimps into the future life of the masked hero. I was pleasantly surprised at its focus, the fight sequences, and it message. Oh, and Katie Homes did not look too shabby. So, Ms. Homes if you are reading this, as soon as you get fed up with Scientology, give me a jingle. I give it 4.25 stars out of 5.

Now, to Willy Wonka, slightly better than I thought it would be. I did not have high hopes, as remakes generally suck, but I found it entertaining. I also must say that I am a huge fan of the original, so creative and one of the best childrens movies of all time.The critics panned Johnny Depp for being so weird, but I thought he did a decent job. It was clear that Mr. Burton was headed in a different direction from the original, with his focus on Mr. Wonka's history and childhood. I also enjoyed and did not see the twist coming at the end. Overall I give it 3.5 Wonka bars out of 5.

Happy early Thanksgiving!! ! More reviews to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger bels said...

i like your blog =) haven't seen the new Batman movie yet, but i bet it was great. i was able to watch the prior ones though and they were all great as well

1:17 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Joey,
I am so late to this game concerning Willy Wonka; believe it or not I never saw the original film until two months ago (that's what happens when you live under a rock), and it was wonderful...I might wait another thirty years before I see Burton's version...as for the New Batman; I am a big fan of the first two that Burton (there is that name again) did in the the late 80's and early 90's - however if you say it was worth it, I might give it look see!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home