Thundercats Hooo!!!

Random Thoughts...Mainly about bowling.

Monday, January 09, 2006

You can keep that NYC

I must preface this posting by saying that I can not stand New York City. Regardless of your best laid plans, they always get f-ed up and cost you a minimum of 200 dollars and a headache.

However, I decided to go into this over night trip with a positive/optimistic outlook. I pre-planned everything. The little lady and I drove to Hoboken and took the path in to Rockefeller center and went to MOMA. Now I think 85 percent of modern art is bullshit. I often state that I saw the kid do a water color on canvas twice as good last week. But I do like some of the cool design stuff, and was rather impressed with a few new photo exhibits.

MOMA closed at 5:30 and we had four hours to kill until my buddies shindig. The little lady said she would pay for food. So we went to a pub near time square, met a cool guy from London and another from Paris, and an animator working at Nickelodeon. After much merriment, the little lady walked out 260 dollars poorer. It must have been the 6.50 shots and 8 dollar beers.

I also have a theory that the closer you are to Broadway, the more drama one encounters. Every time I am in the city there is some highly unnecessary drama. Tonight was no exception. I will spare you the details, but everyone ended up arguing at the party, and very little fun was had.

The highlight was in the am when I ended up having lamb with cucumber sauce at 9 am (hmmmm suspect).

My advice stay away from the Big Apple. It is huge, frustrating, expensive and tough to manage. I recommend Philly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home