Thundercats Hooo!!!

Random Thoughts...Mainly about bowling.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Brief Rant About Text Books

I am currently taking grad classes in social work at Rutgers in Camden. I became rather irritated when it was requested of me that I purchase a 200 page paper back for 84 bucks. Just so we are clear, it was not gold encrusted. I did have the option to buy the compromised 64 dollar used addition, oh wait no I didn't because there were not any copies.

This craziness stems from cronyism in the university system. Professors recommend copies of friendly professors books, then proceed to jack up the price. Rather irritating. I decided not to purchase the book. I would certainly take on this injustice if there were not far more important things to fight against.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home